The Message Quarantine window allows the Administrator to manage quarantined email messages. Policy Violation examples: Spam messages, viruses, and unwanted content keywords.
The Administrator can view all Quarantined messages for all users within their domains, even if the Spam Quarantine Reporting is disabled for the domain’s users.
All quarantined emails show the primary email addresses as the recipient email address.
- If email was sent to an alias address and quarantined, the recipient email address is changed to the primary email address. No alias email addresses will be listed
- All email messages released from quarantine are only released to the primary email address of the original recipient
By default, messages remain in Quarantine for seven calendar days. The message quarantine duration time cannot be changed by the Customer.
If no action is taken on the Quarantined message, they are automatically deleted from Quarantine after the customers quarantine duration is met. Once a message is deleted from Quarantine, it cannot be retrieved.
(Search for Quarantine Messages)
Once you access the Message Quarantine area, you have the ability to select or enter search criteria.
- All domains at one time (default)
- Single domain
o The asterisk ‘*’ wildcard can be used
- An individual threat type or all threat types:
o Virus (The virus has been stripped from the message when it is quarantined)
o All Threats (default)
o A specific day (up to seven days)
o All Days (default)
Once search information has been entered, click the Search button and all messages in the domain quarantine that matches your entered search criteria are displayed.
Once the quarantined messages matching your search criteria are displayed, the messages can be sorted by clicking a column header down arrow button and selecting the sort direction or removing some of the columns.
Columns can be resized by selecting the line between the columns heading, clicking the mouse button and dragging the column to its new size. Changes to the columns remain active until the Message Quarantine window is closed.
Different information is displayed depending on the type of violation incurred.
o Attachment violation - displays the attachment name that invoked the violation
o Virus violation - displays the Virus name that invoked the violation
o Content violation - displays the Content Keyword that invoked the violation
o ClickProtect – displays ClickProtect
o Displays the Spam score
(Safe Message View)
Safe Message View allows the ability to view the contents of a quarantined message in a “safe” location and then determine the action to take on the message.
To open a message in Safe Message View, double click the message. Any part of the message that originated as plain text is viewable in Safe Message View.
(Releasing Quarantine Messages)
Customer Admin can manually release emails by following steps：
- Access http://mcafeesaas.iij.us/
- Click “Email Protection” tab, and then the “Quarantine” tab
- Enter the information of the message in Search Criteria.
- Click “Search” button, and results shall appear under Search Results.
- Click “Always Allow for User” to release the message, and add the Sender to User’s Allow List automatically.
- Allow few minutes to reach released message to appear in user’s Inbox.
Note: Users can release only messages quarantined as spam. User may click the active URL in the Spam Report, and automatically login to McAfee Control Console (no password required). For messages quarantined due to other reasons than spam, only Customer Admin can view/release.
This will depend on the policy settings set by Customer Administrator, but the Spam Report (SR) sending frequency may be set twice a day maximum. Spam Report will only show emails quarantined as “Spam”. Other policy violated (such as Attachment Policy) messages will not appear on the quarantined list of Spam Report. (Customer Admin may release this.)
Spam Report settings can be configured by following steps：
- Access http://mcafeesaas.iij.us/
- Click “Email Protection” tab, and then the “Policies” tab
- Double click the desired Inbound Policy. Pop-up will appear.
- Click “Spam” tab, and proceed to “Reporting” tab.
- Spam Report features such as Link expiration, Schedule, Frequency, etc. may be adjusted here.
- Click “Save” button.