(Password Assignment Recommendations)
Passwords are needed when signing into the control console from the sign-in page. Passwords are not required if a user is accessing their individual account from an active Spam Report. The Spam Report gives the user direct access to their account without entering a password.
It is helpful for administrative level roles to have passwords assigned so they can access the control console when needed.
(Creating your initial password)
When signing into the control console from the Sign in page for the first time, you must create your own password. The following steps are the same when you are creating your initial password, or if you have forgotten your existing password and need to change it.
To do this:
- Navigate to the Control Console sign in page; https://iija.portal.mcafeesaas.com
- Click the Forgot your password or need to create a password link.
- On the Change Password page in the Email Address field, enter your Control Console email address (fully qualified email address).
- Choose whether you prefer to have the password information sent to the email address you entered or to your Domain Contact email address.
Function: This sends a conformation email with a link to create a user password.
Radio button option: Determines which email address receives the conformation email with the password.
- Sends the confirmation email to the email address that is the same as the Control Console user.
- Sends the confirmation email to the email address listed as the Contact Email within the Primary Domain. This option is beneficial when the customer’s mail server is unavailable and a user cannot receive the confirmation email on their mail server. It is beneficial to view the email address listed as the Domain Contact email and verify that it is outside of the customer’s mail server.
You will see a confirmation page that confirms an email was sent to the desired address.
Once you have received the email, click on the URL included in the email body, which will direct you to the Change Password page.
Note: The link is active for one hour after the email is generated and delivered.
All passwords must:
Be a minimum of eight characters, maximum of 20 and contain at least two of the following character types:
- Letters (upper / lower)
- Special Characters
The first time a user signs in with a password, but no security question, you must select a security question and enter a security answer.
The Security Question answer is used when a user forgets their password and walks through the above steps to change their existing password.
Please note that answers to the security questions, unlike passwords, are not case sensitive.
(Reset user passwords)
A user can normally retrieve the Control Console password independently by requesting the password and then answering a security question. However, if a user forgets the password, Customer Admin might need to reset it.
1 Select Account Management | Users.
2 Select a user and click Edit.
3 At the Password field, click Change.
4 In the Password field, type the new password.
5 In the Confirm Password field, type the new password again.
6 Click Apply.
Note: Customer Admin can also reset a password of other Customer Admin accounts.