Table Of Contents
1. How to Login
Please Access to GIO-US control panel using your internet browser
Enter your account credential and submit Login
2. How to Start and Shutdown VM
To start VM
Select VM and click "start" icon.
To Shutdown VM
- Stop mode can be configured as "shutdown or power-off" via Property configuration (refer how to configure property)
- When you select a mode as "shutdown" it will gracefully shutdown from OS level (VMware Tools required)
- When you select a mode as "power-off" it will shut down VM's power just like you press power button of physical server.
- IIJ America recommend to configure shutdown mode as "shutdown" as long as your VM's OS accept graceful shutdown.
- Some VM (e.x. Virtual Router appliance or VM without VMware Tools etc) will not accept graceful shutdown, so power-off should be the last choice.
Select VM and click "stop" icon.
3. How to Install or Update VMware Tools
Installation of VMware Tools is optional for user provisioned Virtual Machines. However, we will recommend to install it for optimizing a Virtual Environment and better user experience. NOTE: Some of our component option requires VMware Tools to install.
First, your Virtual Machines OS installation is completed and confirm server is up and running state.
Select VM and click "menu" icon
from the list, select "Install VMware Tools"
VMware Tools media will be mounted on the Virtual Machine and ready for installation.
For Windows Server:
- Windows AutoRUN feature will start and simply follow installation wizard, just like any other software installation.
- If you are not prompted to AutoRUN wizard, please click CR‐ROM device and execute an installation package.
For Linux Server:
- Linux environment needs to mount installation media.
[root@localhost ~]# mkdir /mnt/cdrom
[root@localhost ~]# mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom mount: block device /dev/sr0 is write-protected, mounting read-only
[root@localhost ~]# cd /tmp
[root@localhost tmp]# tar xzvf /mnt/cdrom/VMwareToolsxxxxxxxxxxxxx.tar.gz [root@localhost tmp]# cd vmware-tools-distrib
[root@localhost vmware-tools-distrib]# ./vmware-install.pl
- General Tips for both Windows and Linux installation
Overall, follow the installation wizard and it will guide you to install VMware Tools with default settings.
In some cases, you will be asked to specify directory or location, however proceed with a blank or default parameter.
After the installation, please reboot once to finalize change
How to check VMware Tools status
Select Virtual Machine and click "Menu"
go to "Property"
find VMware Tools section and check its status.